a. SPARS – (Shipbuilding Partners and Suppliers) A secure website stood up by IBM where suppliers can submit their software documents electronically.
b. Software – Technical documents requiring Huntington Ingalls Industries - Newport News Shipbuilding’s review and approval.
- Examples of Software documents: your drawings, procedures, test reports, Vendor Information Requests (VIRs), and Vendor Procedure Approval Requests (VPARs).
Advantages to using SPARS:
- You will receive a tracking number
- Timely Status updates
- Shortened lead time for receiving NNS’ response to software submittals
- Easy access to previous submittals
- Ability to manage your companies’ account (adding users, etc)
Newport News Shipbuilding SPARS website (https://spars.huntingtoningalls.com/ngcspars/Auth)
Supplier Training available online (http://supplier.huntingtoningalls.com/sourcing/sup_training.html)
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Does it cost me to use SPARS?
A: No, there is no fee to use SPARS.
Q: Can I have more than one person sign up?
A: Yes! You can add many users within your company.
Q: How do I get signed up?
A: To gain access, please email SPARS@hii-nns.com .
Q: Once I log in, where do I go to submit a technical document?
A: Click on the ‘NNS Forms’ module to choose the type of software submittal.
Q: What if my account does not show the 'NNS Forms' module?
A: Please send email to SPARS@hii-nns.com to have HII-NNS added to your SPARS account.
To gain access or to receive further information about SPARS, please contact us at SPARS@hii-nns.com.
**Please note that NOFORN or NNPI documents are not permitted to be transmitted via SPARS. Contact your buyer if you are not sure whether your material is NOFORN or NNPI.