The Surplus and Scrap Sales organization is part of the companys Logistics department. Our organization receives surplus and scrap materials from sources within Newport News Shipbuilding for disposition. As material is received, it is lotted into homogeneous groups.
similarity of application
All material is solicited on a competitive bid basis with the award being made to the highest acceptable bidder.
All surplus and scrap material is sold "AS IS, WHERE IS". The sales are awarded in strict accordance with Newport News Shipbuilding terms and conditions.
Listed below are some of the commodities that are frequently available. This list will be updated as material is sold and subsequently replaced by new inventory.
- Electrical Equipment / Supplies
- Machinery (Grinders, Lathes, Mills, Shearers)
- Metals (Ferrous, Non-Ferrous)
- Office Equipment / Supplies
- Oils, Chemical, Solvents
- Pipe, Tubing
- Recycled Products (Cardboard, Paper, Plastic)
- Valves, Fittings
- Welding Supplies
If you are interested in bidding on any of the items listed, please:
- Read our Information page
- Complete the Bidder Application form
- Email the completed form (as an attachment) to: email@example.com
Surplus and Recycling Manager II
Phone: (757) 380-3567
Cell phone: (757) 810 -9354
Fax: ( 757) 380-3638
E mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download an Adobe Acrobat version of (8 1/2" x14") our revised "Standard Terms and Conditions of Sale" (12 kb). You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view the file.
FAQs regarding Newport News Shipbuilding Surplus/Scrap Sales